Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding DAMAGET variable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_saranya

Civil/Environmental
Oct 23, 2020
IN
Hello all,

I have used concrete damaged plasticity model in concrete. I can see the damage distribution pattern in DAMAGET variable. I want to relate the DAMAGET variable with the tensile stress of concrete? Which stress parameter should I choose only to see the tensile stress of concrete?
I am running a nonlinear dynamic (Time history) analysis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are no special stress variables for concrete damage plasticity so you would have to use regular stress output (stress tensor components) but take a look at the PEEQT variable - tensile equivalent plastic strain, it might be also useful together with DAMAGET results.

Thank you,

Hello, one more doubt.. for cyclic loading we should check PEEQ or PEMAG? what is the difference? I can see PEEQ has higher strain than PEMAG.

They are calculated in different ways. PEEQ is an equivalent plastic strain while PEMAG is simply a magnitude of the plastic strain. The former is integrated while the latter is not integrated. For most materials, they are equal when proportional loading is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back