Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding Hypoid gear set design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anupam_Terero

Mechanical
Jan 3, 2020
IN
Hello,
I have been working on this hypoid gearset design for a cable-pulley system, and have two questions regarding that.

1. I need to calculate the tooth load components. However, the gear design firm, Gleason corp. has only provided the axial and separating forces. The separating force will have further 2 components, radial, and tangential forces. I have attached the gearset dimension files.
Can someone suggest how to calculate those components?

2. The winch is driven by a hydraulic motor which is directly coupled to the pinion and the gear output shaft is connected directly to the pulleys. Once the motor is stopped, the tension in the cable increases to more than the load for which the gearset was designed. The load (after reduction) however is still lesser than the motor's capacity, so the motor holds. So, do I need to take this static load that goes on the gear without any rotation into consideration for the gearset design?

Would be really grateful for any support in this regard.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8084fec7-0404-4cff-92ce-b6cb0f970e64&file=5X76_GEMS_DS.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back