Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding part clean up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar005

Automotive
Sep 5, 2008
US
Hi All,

Good morning.
Can anyone help me out related with part clean up issue?
I have one part file.In this part file so much unused data like surfaces, points, lines in that file.I want to clean that data from file.
These data I have used as a reference.Now this data dont have any link with final model.
Now I want to delete that data.

I have tried it with part clean up option but it didnt work.
Please suggest.

Regards,
Amar Halake

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just because entities are not used in the final design, doesn't make them obsolete.
Part cleanup will not delete unused entities in a file. You will have to go through layer by layer, view by view to delete the unused entities that you don't want.
When you are done, then run part cleanup.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You can try to make a new part using the "export" command.

choose FILE--> EXPORT--> PART

Near the bottom of the dialog box, you will see "Feature Parameters"

choosing "remove parameters" will give you a dumb solid body

choose "Retain internal parameters" and you will keep all parameters related to the part

choose "retain all parameters" will do exactly what it says.

I use this option to extract dumb solids from messy files all the time.

JAY

NX 6.0.5.3

It sounds like he wants the 'retain internal parameters' option. When you export the body of interest, it will take only the tool bodies necessary to build it.

Alternatively, you can switch the part navigator out of timestamp mode (through right click menu) and have a look at the 'unused items' folder. Some care will need to be taken here though, sometimes an 'unused item' is still referenced in some way. Deleting entries willy-nilly could cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back