Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Regulation of steam output in a resistive steam humidifier without built-in regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csabi

Mechanical
May 14, 2023
HU
Hello everyone,

I'm doing a master's project where I need to integrate a resistive steam humidifier into an existing air duct system in order to achieve the desired relative humidity level where its needed.

The problem is, the humidifer I can work with needs an external continuous regulator that can regulate the steam output from 0 to 100% and has no way to tell the user how much steam is distributed at a specific moment.

I've spent a good whole day of searching through the internet to find something that I can work with, but I can't seem to find the one I'm looking for, and I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

The humidifier in question is this: Defensor Mk4 ST 40-12 (technical data on page 39)

So I'm basically looking for regulators, control valves, sensors etc. or a combination of those, that can be installed into the system and can achieve one of the following:
[ul]
[li]being able the manually control the generated steam output (with a potentiometer for example) OR[/li]
[li]being able to input a relative humidity value into some kind of control system where the steam output is regulated in accordance to the set humidity via an RH% sensor in the desired location[/li]
[/ul]

If there's crucial information missing, I'll fill out the details as best as I can.

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

RTFI?
Page 26 said:
The steam production can be regulated fully
variably with an external continuous regulator or with the internal regulator (on “IT”
units).
Note: A humidistat (option “HDU3”) can be connected via a step control board
(option “Z243”) for 3-stage regulation.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back