Reinforcement consideration in SAP2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shz713

Structural
Aug 21, 2015
AU
Hi all,

I've been looking around to find a way in SAP2000 to include the effect of existing reinforcement in the analysis (NOT design). This is what stated by CSI:
"How is flexural mild reinforcement added into a bridge model?
Answer: In CSiBridge, users may add mild reinforcement through the Bridge Tab > Bridge Objects > Girder Rebar option. However, this reinforcement is used only for design checks, and does not contribute stiffness to the model. To add stiffness, users may model mild reinforcement as tendons with zero force. This, however, would only be truly accurate for the stress check, since code distinguishes between the two types of reinforcement, and would treat mild reinforcement as tendon elements for the flexural check."

Even though above description is for CSiBridge, I assume same goes to SAP2K. Then, how it's possible to include the stiffness contribution of existing reinforcement (like using section designer) into analysis?
If I wanted to to reproduce a curve as shown below (which I made in ABAQUS) in the SAP2K, I need to have inclusion of reinforcement to nearly accurately estimate the ultimate behaviour of member subject to any loading (lateral, vertical, moving,...).
I made this thread as 'Helpful tips' since I couldn't find good approach on this matter at Eng-Tips or other online resources.
I hope those with expertise in SAP2K contribute to this.

Cheers,

Capture_fwlwbk.png

Shoot for the Moon, even if U miss, U still land among Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back