Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

relation between entities

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisau

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2010
SE
hello,

i don't know exactly how to explain the problem i have... but i'll try to do it.

are there any way to mantain the relation between two entities? i mean, i can add the relation "equal" between two lines. however, if one line is (for instance) 4cm long and the other one is 6cm long... i would like to change the length of the first line from 4cm to 8cm and i want the 6cm line to be autamatically updated to 12cm, to mantain the relation 4/6 = 8/12

i hope you have understood my problem... thank you for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hmm yes it is an option but i forgot to mention one important thing: they are dimensions from different parts in an assembly... i think the equations can only be used between dimensions from the same part (correct me if i am wrong).

i could create an interface on excel, with the equation there, but my boss only allows me to do it if there isn't any other option.

equation can be used also between dimensions from different parts in same assembly and between dimensions from different parts in different assemblies

to insert an equation i double-click on a dimension of a sketch and then i insert it. following this method i am only allowed to relate it with dimensions of the same part... are there any other way to do it?

humm i was doing the same, writing myself the part @[...].part

i can say that an equation between parts cannot be added inside one part... anyway, thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back