Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relations in an Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

designdummy

Industrial
Aug 5, 2010
CA
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum...so glad i found it.
Using WF4 and am having an issue with assembly relations. I have not had a lot of experience with them. I really hope my question isn't too dumbed down that it insults anyone.

Scenario: I have an assembly that is basically a frame with some vertical metal uprights. There are shelves suspended between the uprights.

Issue: Firstly, I want to control the overall dimensions (spacing between uprights)in one place.
Secondly, the shelf length needs to be automatically modified when the spacing changes.

Could one of you please point me in the right direction to get me started? Most of my work with ProE to this point has been single part modelling with not a great deal of relations needed.

I thank you for your time in advance,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,
Try using flexible components. They are simpler to use than relations. Right click the part in your model tree and make flexible. From there you can play around with the options you have for flexible components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back