Relative Displacement between two points by removing rigid body motions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin555

Aerospace
Nov 30, 2018
US
Hi
I am currently analyzing an engine and want to get the relative displacement of the shaft between two bearings. I have plotted the vertical displacement of the nodes on the shaft but I want to get the relative displacement between the engine bearings.
So the nodes at the bearings would have zero displacement and the nodes in-between the bearings would be transformed relative to the bearing nodes.

I am currently using NX Nastran Simcenter, but I know in Patran you could use the method remove rigid body motion and you could select the nodes you want to use as reference nodes.

Does anyone know the equations to transform the nodes or if there is a way to do it in NX.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

why not export the nodal displacements into Excel, and simply subtract off the bearing displacements? or if different displacements at the two ends, fit a line thru the two bearing displacements and subtract that line values along the shaft between the bearing.

Dear Martin,
And how you mesh the shaft, with solid or beam elements?. I understand you run NX, not FEMAP.
You may have in NX the capability to plot relative displacements.
relative-displacement-plot_fn6wso.gif

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Status
Not open for further replies.