Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

relay test set 3-ph module

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevencress

Electrical
Apr 15, 2010
We have an old relay test set, RTS-150 made by EIL (now Ametek), it contains an add-on module which gives the test set 3-phase capability. But we don't have any instructions on how to use the module. Can anyone help us with wiring this module into the test of a 2.5 element transducer? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Without knowing much about your EIL test set, I would guess that the 3 Ph module "synthesizes" a 3 phase delta voltage, similar to the old Multi-Amp Sr-76.

It's unlikely you would get 3 ph current.

Generally speaking, you can test a transducer like a meter with a single ph test set.

What concerns me is that with this vintage equipment, you are likely to loose any kind of accuracy. Do you have a reference transducer to compare with? What are you using as the DC meter?

You may find it easier to either rent a modern 3 Ph test set or hire a test company that has one.

I was on a IPP commissiong job years ago where another company "tested" the transducers using a Fluke 87 and an old SR-76 (similar to EIL). All of the emmissions tests were performed using transducer data. $100k later, it was determined that the source/test equipment was not of sufficent accuracy for the device under test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back