Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relief Valve threaded to seal sytem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpinista

Mechanical
Jan 15, 2013
BR
Hi People , Is It normal to use relief valve threaded instead of flanged to use on barrier fluid . The pump will work with C5+ (about 1.2 % of benzene ).
I haven´t see anywhere threaded , the aplications I know is only flanged connection .
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is common with smaller sized Relief Valves. Typically these are of the Poppet style, although Seat Disk are common. Because of thread loading and associated stresses in the make-up, the smaller sizes allow low pressure class and stagnation pressure when the valve is fully seated.

I'm not sure where the cut off is with valve size. You should be able to distinquish this easily in a Parker-Hannifin catalog or equivalent manufacturer.

Regards,
Cockroach

thanks Cockroach !
The flush plan that I´ll use is the Plan 53C (pressurized ) . The pressure is about 18 kgf/cm2.
Anybody knows if is there any API advise about flanged ot threded to seal sytem . I have looking for , but I didn´t see anything about.
I walk on refinery and I only see flanged .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back