Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reload mechanisms files without restarting project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camillo

Automotive
May 31, 2022
PL
Hello,
I have models of robots, which are composed of many elements like cgrs, catparts and files without any extensions which can be editied in any text editor. One of these file contains specific data with configuration of the robot. I can edit it and save in notepad or using VBA macro, however to notice the changes I need to reload entire project and then jog that robot.

With larger project it's really time consuming especially that I need to do it multiple times. I thought about unloading and loading again robot in using macro, however I tried to do it in Desk I am getting error that it cannot be unloaded (+ can't find function in documentation to do it). Also I don't see that file without extension on loaded files in Desk.

Unfortunately, Product.Update does not work for this model which still looks the same without reloaded data.

I would like to ask whether did you meet with something like this and have idea how to "refresh" model without restarting project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back