Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relocating the Feature Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunT

Mechanical
May 29, 2005
US
Hello,

I think I have seen this somewhere on the forum but unable to find the proper thread.

My question is " Is there any way to move the Feature Manager from Left side to the Right side of the screen?"

I found a thread where in The FM icons can be moved from top to bottom by changing the registry settings. Is there any such registry setting for moving Left to Right?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't understand what being left-handed has to do with the Feature Manager position, but if it's that big a deal for him/her, give him/her a dual monitor setup. The monitors could then be switched.

Dual Monitor Useage w/ Solid Works?
thread559-123030

[cheers]

I don't understand why you'd want to move the FM anyway...It's not like you'd get more graphics area...

BTW, I'm a lefty and can't think of any reason that I'd want the FM on the right side...

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
CAD Administrator
SW '07 SP1.0, Dell M90, Intel 2 Duo Core, 2MB RAM, nVidia 2500M

If you do figure out how to move it (which I don't think you can), most likely it will move back to the left during the next update.
My suggestion? Get used to how it is.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 10-27-06)

He said it makes it easier for him to read if it is on the RHS of the screen. I don't know if its true or not. Just trying to accommodate as much I can.

Cheers,

What we would probobly all like would be to have all of our menus movable (like Adobe if you have used before) this way you can have you graphics screen by it's self and the meues off to the side. The best case would be have monitor with the menus and the other with the graphic screen.

CJ Goodrich
Product Design Engineer
Leatherman Tool Group
Portland, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back