Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remapping Fonts to AutoCad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodboa

Mechanical
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have a question related to thread562-235491

Basically it is a question on how to make GD&T symbols generate to a .dxf or .dwg and the mapping of the Font files.

I am using Map Symbols MapSym.ttf for a couple symbols on my 2D drawings, when I generate them to .dxf and bring them back in they come back in the default font Arial.

I thought I could fix this by going in to the options and <next> over to the remapping page. I add Map Symbols using the dialog and it shows up as AutoCad Font Seansi.ttf > SE Font Map_Symbols.

So anything I generate in MapSymbols should convert to Seansi.ttf. I don't want that, so I change the seansi.ttf to mapsym.ttf. For some reason this does not work, I still get the default symbols. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have used a specific font in SE there should not be any need to map it unless you actually want to change it when it goes into ACad.
Providing ACad can find the font you have defined (mapsym.ttf) it should still use it.
I did this many years ago when converting drawings for a client to ACad - all I did was send the SE fonts to the client. They put them into the Windows Fonts folder and the drawings came through OK.
The problem with mapping fonts is that in some instances the CHARACTER may give a different result.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back