Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming a part that shows up in multiple assemblies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad1

Mechanical
Dec 9, 2005
Please Help --- How do you remane a part that is used in many/many assemblies? A part was create as a dummy and used in many assemblies and now I want to keep it but, must rename it with a company part number. How do I do this without haveing all my assemblies failing looking for the dummy number.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you know what all the assemblies are, pull them all into session, then rename the part. I would suggest you create a simplified rep. of each of the assemblies consisting of just the part in question as you pull up the assemblies to keep the required memory down as you do this. If you do not know all the assemblies you are using the part in, there have been posts on how to find them, search this and other forums on Pro/E.

Peter Stockhausen
Pollak Switching Products

Have Intralink? If so, check in all assemblies and rename part in there.

No Intralink? Retrieve all assemblies into session and then call up part. Rename part and save. Switch to each assy, regenerate and save.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back