Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rendering with Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

lab2010

Aerospace
Mar 21, 2014
US
Is there a way to add text to the bottom of a rendered image? I have created numerous parts in NX 8.5 and am now creating multiple renderings of each one. Each of these images will go into a single pdf later for documentation purposes. I need a label with each image in the pdf to indicate which part is pictured. Is there an easy way for me to apply this label when creating the picture within NX? The output would be the part rendering with text below it for my custom label.

This would just save me time of having to add it to each picture in some other software later.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could create some geometric text and create bounded planes so they would render as geometry, like I did below:

MyButterflyValve_zpsb0400693.png

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

the only way i could think of is to create a journal / macro that :
1) orients the wcs to "current view". ( X and Y parallel to screen) ( Format - Wcs- orient... - Csys of current view)
2) someway there is an option to get expression to read the file name, create this, John knows how :)
3) create a "text" that uses the expression from 2) "file name", place this text somewhere ( now parallel to screen due to 1). )
4) extrude the text. Use Extrude instead of Bounded planes because you then get to select the text with one click.
Extrude distance from 0 to 0 creates sheet bodies inside the text.

Regards,
Tomas

Yes, if you set a 'String' Expression equal to ug_askCurrentWorkPart() it will return a value that is the name of the part file.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back