Rentis Vs Reel Lay Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacharialamsyah

Chemical
Nov 26, 2013
ID
Dear all

Can anyone tell the differences between "Rentis Installation Pipeline Method" and "Reel Lay Method"..These two method involving pipeline welding in onshore yard and the sent to offshore pipeline by Barge..But I cannot find clear difference between two of the them..Can anyone explain clearly?

Regards,
Zachari Alamsyah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you kidding me? Have you done any research into this?

I've never heard it called "rentis" before, but it appears to be a variance of the tow installation technique, more specifically surface tow, as aopposed to mid, off bottom or bottom tow. All these simply pull a straight length of pipe off a beach to their final destination. lengths tend to be limited to a few kms at most (4-5), but can be any size and can include weight coating. You tow the pipe to where you want it then sink it in a controlled manner.

Reel lay reels the pipe (normally <16" and no weight coating) onto a massive reel on a vessel which then unwinds the reel once it gets to the right place. Lengths for reels are much longer.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Thanks littleinch

I accidentally found the term "Rentis installation" and have curiosity to find the description about it....but cannot found..it seems like surface tow installation... And from my view is seems like Reel Lay installation..but totally different..

Ahhh. The old "same-same but different" description.

There is nothing similar about these methods, "Rentis", (towing method) or the "Reel Lay" method.

The towing method:
Pipe string is welded up on the beach and towed as a long string like a piece of spagetti to its offshore installation location, then sunk to the bottom.

Reel Method:
Pipe is welded up in a long string then reeled onto a spool. The spool is lifted onto a reel laying barge. The barge moves to the installation location. Pipe is then spooled off the reel, little by little, as the
barge moves ahead until all the pipe has been spooled off the barge.

OMG%20something%20else.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back