Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repair procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

1350grh

Materials
Apr 11, 2010
GB
I am looking for procedure for repair the inside corroded surface of POSITIVE CHOKE VALVE that the material is indicated CA-15 ( martensitice stainless steel casting alloy ) . the size of valve is 4 1/16" and suitable for SOUR GAS is essential requirement.
Refer to my searching the ER410 or ER410NiMo filler metal with PWHT can use for welding/repairing.

> What is your suggestion or experience about filler ,welding process and machin and relative procedure?
> Is the ASTM A488 applicable?
G.R.H
Technical Inspection Department

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is your suggestion or experience about filler ,welding process and machin and relative procedure?
> Is the ASTM A488 applicable?

ER410NiMo is reasonable for this weld repair. No issues.

Yes, A 488 should apply.

You can't PWHT CA-15 hot enough with the ER410NiMo filler metal to meet sour gas (NACE) requirements. Either the weld metal or the HAZ will be too hard. ER410 is the filler metal you need to use. If you are the casting manufacturer, A488 would apply. It appears you are the end user though, so the appropriate code of construction is use for repair requirements, such as B31.3.

we overlaid our chokes with 625 inconel. Do you have a Pren requirement for the choke bodies? If your in Texas I could point you to some good welding companies.

JB

Petrotrim Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back