Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Replacement bladders for potable water expansion tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedicineEng

Industrial
Jun 30, 2003
HK
I've previously posted this thread at the pump engineering forum but was rightly suggested that this would be a more appropriate forum for this question.

Good morning all:

Here at our porperty we are having some issues with finding replacement bladders for our potable water expansion tanks.
Most are sold by Grundfos or Reflex and the contact with the original manufacturers has not been the best experience. Despite their catalogue claims regarding the ability for these bladders to be replaced and their public commitments to sustainability and waste reduction, either they are not quoting claiming that these models have been discontinued or the price that is offered for a replacement bladder is higher than the price for the full tank+bladder, which is blowing my mind.

We are now looking into finding reputable and experienced replacement bladders manufacturers that could manufacture these bladders for us. I've made an internet search but the results have been quite disappointing and I only managed to find 2 possible leads.
Our tanks range from 100 Lts up to 2000-3000Lts.

Any of the participant in the forum has similar experience and has any replacement bladder manufacturer's contacts?

Thanks a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Usually a replacement water pressure tank bladder is custom-sized and shaped to fit in and seal into a specific water tank design.

Still you might want to give a call to a couple of the water pressure tank providers listed in the link below. Most likely you'll need to replace the tank.

Bladder Repair

Pressure tanks with replaceable bladders are the worst. The bags touch the sides of the tank and cause it to wear more quickly. Diaphragm tanks without replaceable diaphragms are designed so the diaphragm does not touch the sides of the tank and do not wear as fast. About the only thing that causes a bladder/diaphragm to tear is the pump cycling on and off. Stop the pump cycling, which stops the diaphragm/bladder from going up and down until it breaks like bending a piece of wire back and forth over and over. Controls that eliminate pump cycling can also greatly reduce the size of pressure tank needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back