Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacement for cad plating 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed911

Aerospace
Mar 30, 2006
US
We have a number of commerical applications on legacy drawings that call for cad plating. I'd like to eliminate it across the board due to the environmental issues and related high costs. Looking for suggestions as to the best replacement plating while keeping cost down. Thanks,

Ed

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think this has come up before, e.g. thread338-18125 thread332-117602 so try a google search (or two) above of this site.

It's been a while since I was involved in this back in aerospace in the UK but I'll tell you what I think I remember.

At the time there was no across the board/one size fits all equivalent.

For many non critical applications we started using zinc plating instead but that's not suitable everywhere.

I have seen I think it was electroless nickel with a PTFE top coat where the self 'lubrication' was a concern.

I can't remember what the suggested replacement was where conductivity was a concern though.

There are people here who can probably give a better answer, this isn't the busiest forum though so may take a couple of days.

KENAT,

Have you reminded yourself of faq731-376 recently, or taken a look at posting policies:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back