Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Request for Micrographs of grade CA-15 Cast Stainless Steel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest102023

Materials
Feb 11, 2010
CA
As described in header; I've googled thoroughly and found very little. Hardness is 38~42 HRC, which I believe is at the higher end of the useful range. CCT and TTT diagrams are also welcomed.

"If you don't have time to do the job right the first time, when are you going to find time to repair it?"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have one reference below. There are a few more from Flowserve Valves/ Edward Valves, please ask them for a copy. I do not have them presently.I am trying to locate them.

Did you look for 410 stainless steels.

RESEARCH REGARDING THE HEAT-TREATMENT INFLUENCE
ON THE PROPERTIES OF CA-15 MARTENSITIC STAINLESS STEEL

I'm just one step away from being rich, all I need now is money.
( read somewhere on the internet)

Try ASM Handbook 8th Edition Volume 7 p. 151-153. This may also be in the 9th edition but I am too lazy to walk across the hall. The volume is titled "Atlas of Microstructures of Industrial Alloys".

pg 1644, fig 55.
Stick with the 8th ed, better info.

For more try the ASM Specialty Handbook, Stainless Steels.
There is a chapter on metallography and microstructures of cast stainless steels.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

The Steel Founders Society of America publication " Atlas of Cast Corrosion Resistant Alloy Microstructures" may also be useful and covers cast stainless steels of most types in addition to the martensitic stainless steels.

@brimstoner,

If you could contact Raymond Monroe he could provide more references. He has been assisting me, with his publications. You can find his contact details on SFSA website. (
I'm just one step away from being rich, all I need now is money.
( read somewhere on the internet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back