Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Requesting certain Modal outputs graphically

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN1981

Aerospace
Sep 29, 2015
IN
Hi,
Is it possible to request certain modal outputs like Modal Participation Factors, Modal Effective Mass & Modal Effective Mass Fraction graphically via Patran?

I looked around Output Requests and was unable to find any options to request the above. So, it is the usual practice to manually request them on the BDF file before submitting for analysis in Nastran?

Thx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I found answer to my own question.

It seems like Patran currently does not support graphical output selection for the above modal factors.

From
" The METHOD card is already written by Patran and SimXpert for Normal Modes (Sol 103). This card is used to select the eigenvalue extraction card (EIGR or EIGRL) that determines how many modes are to be extracted.

To get the modal effective mass, you only need to add the MEFFMASS(ALL)=YES in a direct text input in the case-control section.

In Patran it can be done either on the main analysis form -> Direct text input or on the direct text input section for a subcase."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back