Required P4A Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIPMKWA

Mechanical
May 8, 2014
US
Good morning all,

I have a question in regards to the required P4A documentation involving multiple parties. We are currently building a process boiler that has a design to ASME I, B31.1 & B31.3. I have a fabricator, (2) installers and the engineering firm of the Boiler. To try and clarify, I will label them with letters. I also provided a sketch for clarification.

A. Engineering firm
B. Fabricator (Provided P4A & P6 for fabricated Piping)
C. Installer 1 (Provided form P4 & P6 for the welding they performed)
D. Installer 2 (Needs to sign the back of (B) Fabricators P4A & P6 for “Field assembly compliance”

• (B) fabricates pipe spools, provides P4A & P6 to Jobsite and ships the spool pieces to a module yard where installer (C) is pre-assembling steel/piping/equipment into big pre-built modules to ship to the actual jobsite for final assembly.
• (C) Places 2 pipe spools into one of the modules and welds them together. They provide a P4 & P6 for the welding they performed.
• The modules are then shipped to site and another Installer (D), sets the modules and then completes the leave-out piping between the modules and equipment, welding them together.

1. It is my interpretation that Installer (D) signs the back of (B) Fabricators P4A for “Field Assembly Compliance”
2. If Installer (D) had to cut apart a spool from Fabricator (B) for fit-up purposes, would they need to generate their own P4A for the welding? What would you recommend the easiest way to capture any un-forseen welds would be?

Our A.I at this jobsite is brand new and I’m trying to help him.
Thank you in advance

20210825_085332_gsmt7a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back