Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reset your project, proceed anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standing

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2002
For some unknown reason, and I have not a clue as to what I did. I keep getting this Microsoft Visual Basic warning message every time I run any program I have written. The message is: “This action will reset your project, proceed anyway?” If someone else runs the same program from their machine, they do not get the message. I have rebooted, and turned the machine off for a weekend and the message still comes up. It does not matter is the program is old or new. Can you tell me what button to push to turn this message off for good? Bradley

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Bradley,

I use VBA in MS Office products, not VB, but they are very similar. In the VBA editing environment, under Tools/Options... there is a checkbox with the following: "Notify before state loss". With this option checked, you get the very message you have described when something changes in code that pre-empts the current run-time state (leading to loss of assigned variable values, etc.). I would look for a similar option. More importantly, however, I would seek out the source of this notification.

Hope this helps.
M. Smith

M. Smith
Thank you so very much for your idea and quick response time. I found “Notify when changing shared project items” in Visual Basic and un-checked that box. No help, but I started to use Visio about the same time this warning started. Went into Visio and un-checked that box. Tried two different Visual Basic programs and no warning. This is so great.
Thanks again for the help. Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back