Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Resin Transfer Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

chil wilson

Industrial
Feb 25, 2020
US
I am posting this in this forum because of my mechanical background but it may also need to be in chemical as well. My predecessor built a resin transfer mold which has never work due to flat top deflection causing vacuum loss (Full vacuum). the problem is that the flat part is 30" OD x 1.5" flat top is being injected with 126 PSIG at 80 DEG F with a viscosity fluid of 480 Centipoise liquid. I have tried to run a comparable vessel configurations through both compress and APV and cannot get a realistic number of the actual pressure against the top plate. There should be a way of calculating that actual pressure inside the small chamber while pumping the fluid in to create a custom flange. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The pressure is whatever you want it to be, by adjusting a dozen factors that you have not told us about. "Calculating" a pressure is the wrong approach to start solving your problem. The amount of help you seem to need is beyond the tips that this website is intended for. Is you have some more specific questions there is a "composite engineering" forum on this website, which would be far appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back