Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resistance guide for technopolymers

Status
Not open for further replies.

krugan

Industrial
May 23, 2005
CA
Hi,

Does anyone have a pdf file or link to a site containing a chemical resistance guide for technopolymers such as:

PEI (Polyeterimmide), PPS (Polyphenylene-sulfide), PPOm (modified Polyphenile oxide),PSU (Polysulphone), PVDF (Polyvinyldenfluoride), PP (Polypropylene), PEEK (Polyarileterchetone)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Krugan,

You're fighting the battle with the internet that I think we all have before. It seems like that data should be in one place, I mean we all need it, right? It just seems silly that you can find out everything you didn't want to know about Ernest Borgnine's sex life, but you can't find out if PEEK is recommended for use in an HCl stream. Well, I haven't been able to find a centralized chemical resistance/compatibility guide on the net that has a decent database either.

You can check for the basics.

Hope that helps.

You can also check out Minnesota Rubber and Plastics web page. Thier free CD has a lot of the material that you're looking for with the corresponding chemical resistance data. The CD also has the .pdf you're looking for.

Most of us have just bought some reference texts to guide us along the way. They will end up saving you time and money in the long run.

Incidentally, PEEK is commonly refered to as polyetheretherketone, not polyarileterchetone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back