Resolving small edges when creating Tapered Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBobroski

Aerospace
Oct 11, 2010
US
Hi guys,

I'm creating a plastic rotationally molded part with the parting line in the middle. I'm trying to extrude surfaces with a 1 degree taper however I am having issues with tiny surfaces appearing. It appears that both surfaces are tapering normal to the sketch; despite both sketches being tangent (image 1 and image 2) after I apply the taper I am left with a tiny surface at the tangent point I can't seem to resolve. Does anybody have some suggestions on how to go about fixing this? Images 3 and 4 show the small edge that is resulting.

NwJwjZ8.jpg

thcXDkR.jpg

p1tRszl.jpg

hcXFkUp.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you played around with the accuracy? I'm not too sure that will fix the problem, that is usually the solution when you get regen errors because there are tiny edges smaller than the accuracy setting. In your case it seems you are getting tiny edges when you think there should be none. You might be better off applying the taper as a separate feature.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back