Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resource scheduling sofware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ye12

Mechanical
Nov 4, 2005
CA
I'm looking for feedback on what resource scheduling software consulting engineering firms are using. I'm currently using MS Project, however the resource management is very limited. I've demo'd Web Resource and it looks good, however I don't want a web-based software........ thks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not a consultant eng but at my last place they had excel spreadsheets set up. Perhaps a bit basic but it worked.

I just upgraded from MS Project 2000 to 2007 and the resource functions including reports seem to be enhanced. I like the fact that the activity scheduling and resource usage are integrated.

Ye12

Have you tried eProject. It cost a bit of $$$ but very function packed.

PrimaVera is another widely used software. The company I am consulting for now has numerous divisions that use PrimaVera or MS Project. Each swears by their choice.

Recently I was involved in providing input into a project master schedule they were developing for numerous captial projects integrating into and using existing resources from an on-going operation. After much discussion, MS Project was chosen. The main driver were it's powerful application (though not as powerful as PrimaVera) coupled with it's ease of use (the driver that tipped the scales).

Greg Lamberson
Consultant - Upstream Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back