Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restart analysis in Abaqus explicit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinni1

Civil/Environmental
Sep 27, 2021
IE
Hello,

I am running a post-buckling analysis of cold-formed steel stud and track assembly in Abaqus.
Since the problem is highly nonlinear, I had to adopt the explicit solver.
I kept the restart option on in my explicit step.
Now, my analysis has been terminated because of some reason and I want to restart the job.
I copied the previous model and in the new copied model, on the edit attribute option mentioned the previous job- name from which the data has to be read and the increment number from which the restart analysis has to be carried out.
My job monitor and edit attribute dialog box looks like the below:
restart_job_monitor_tbegsq.jpg

edit_attribute_r4jpff.jpg

After I tried to run the analysis I got the below error:

PARAMETER INTERVAL IS ONLY VALID IF THE ENDSTEP PARAMETER IS ALSO SPECIFIED IN Abaqus/Explicit

Analysis Input File Processor exited with an error.

Could anyone advise, how to address this error?

Many thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the case of interrupted Abaqus/Explicit analyses it’s advised to use the recovery feature instead of restart. Check its description in the documentation.

Thanks for your response.

I did use the recovery option as per the description in the user manual as per the steps below:
1. Select Job....>Edit.....>jobname from the main menu bar
2. Use the Job Type options in the Submission tabbed page to choose the type of job that ABAQUS will run. Here I chose, recover(explicit)

But when I submitted the analysis, from the monitor it seems that the analysis has started from the beginning itself. The job recovery monitor looks like the below:
Explicit_recover_job_monitor_b4hji9.jpg

Could you please advice?

I prefer to do it using command line: abaqus job=name recover

Just make sure that all the necessary files from the interrupted run are available in the working directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back