Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restart analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahildershavn

Mechanical
Nov 27, 2015
NO
Hello, I am going to restart analysis, I have added some local coordinate systems in the newly created step, but now I get the error message when trying to write the job:

"Since the current model is being used for restart analysis, the CSYS transforms for the following newly created attributes will not be written out: lower tool 1 (BC), lower tool 2 (BC)"

Does this mean the BC's with reference with the newly created coordinate systems will not be active in the current job, or does it simply mean not all the information from the transform will be logged?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out here. I would like not to run the first step over again just because I need the coordinate systems added.

Best regards,
Andreas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In restart analysis it is not allowed to change to model. New sets and amplitudes are possible, since this is not changing the model. Transform creates a new local CSYS in the nodes, which could be seen as a model change.

Why don't you do the transformation in the initial analysis?

Otherwise try it with an inport analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back