Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Original Views of 3d Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenelec

Mechanical
Oct 31, 2003
US
Hi,
I need help trying to get a regular top, right, front view of a 3d object that has been rotated using the 3d orbit icon. I have tried changing the UCS to be on a face of the object, but when I use the view command to select a view, the object still is skewed (i.e. views are still corresponding to World UCS). If anyone can help, it is appreciated. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Warrenelec - the answer is simple. Bring up the view toolbar in your drawing by right clicking on any toolbar at the top of your screen. Select ACAD and Autocad brings up all the toolbars and select view. The reason why the 3d object is skewered is based on the type of view. If the object looks good in 3d orbit then you got it. Another possilibity is that Autocad is bring up a previous version. You might try Purge command in file. Hope this helps - John

Enter "ucsman" at the command line > "Settings" tab" > "Update view to Plan when UCS is changed". Try that and see if that helps.

Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back