restricting access to some project data

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpguy

Civil/Environmental
Aug 25, 2012
AE
hi all

i have the following scenario: multiple projects are running under a master project. each sub-project has several phases (ex. foundation, form-work,reinforcement, piping, electrical ..etc). each sub-project will be handled by different project manager. for example electrical engineer will look after all electrical installations in different projects. he should be able to edit and assign tasks under electrical phase. how ever, i need to restrict him from viewing any data or tasks under other phases. all in all, i need him to just see electrical phase of all sub-projects. is this possible in any ms project old or new versions like 2013 or 365??[ponder]

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pfff, if your electrical engineering project manager is only allowed to SEE electrical engineering items the easiest and simplest way to make a filter for these tasks and make a pfd of the filtered data.
However, how do you expect to allow somebody to make changes without having to take other tasks into consideration? In a decent project plan there would be many links between tasks. Before the walls of a building are ready it would normally be useless to start with electrical cabling etc. So, if the building gets a delay also electrical would get a delay. Theoretically you could work with fixed dates thus using the well known paper tiger planning routine.

Why an easy solution if you can make it complicated?
Greetings from the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back