Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Result file items control in workbench (outres command)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagarbilla

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2009
PK
Hi i want to control the number of items reported in result file in workbench .. to make the size of file small .. i am using outres command for it .. but when i add APDL code in command tree item .. which will be executed before solve command .. it only execute for the first Load step (LS1) .. for the next workbench automatically reset the quantities to nsol, esol etc .. so the outres items i have mentioned in APDL commands only execute for only first load step and for the rest all items are stored ..
how i can apply that outres to all loadsteps ??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd have to look, but when you insert APDL commands into workbench, isn't there an option to specify which load step the command is executed prior to solving?

Also, I think that Workbench may already have built-in controls for controlling which values are stored. Maybe you can control what's output to file within workbench? Take a look at the following in the left-hand-side menu:
Analysis Settings >> Output Controls
Analysis Settings >> Analysis Data Management

i didnt found anything on the APDL command inserted into specific load steps in workbench .. if u can locate it ..plz do .
also in output controls .. there is only options r stresses , strains and one more .. but not the detail selection like outres command ..

wow !! nobody have any idea how to apply outres command in each load step in workbench .. i dont think this is very rare issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back