Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retainerless Duo Wafer Check 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigeralum

Mechanical
Dec 4, 2009
US
How is this design different from regular wafer check and what are High performance Duo wafer check?

Please help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A duo check valve is considered a sub-category of the wafer check valve. The main characteristic of a duo-check is that the disc is split in two, and opens similar to a butterfly valve. The original/standard wafer check only has 1 disc.

Here's a link to an image of a duo check:

Here's a link to an image of a "standard" wafer check:

Most wafer checks nowadays are duo style.

Heather Smith
My interests: Alloy valves, duplex valves, super duplex valves, 6Moly valves, inconel valves, incoloy valves, alloy 20 valves and titanium valves.

A recent thread in this forum discuss what a high performance BFL valve is thread408-266485

This might be relevant.

Without retainer indicates perhaps a direct metal to metal sealing with direct contact, again the definitions for HP butterfly valves might be significant.

The above said, i must admit that I have never seen this descriptin in connection with a check valve.

On the other hand it is quite common that the description for a check valves leans towards somthing used in 'an almost similar' , but older/previous solution, without adeqatly giving the necessary fluid and operation parameters necessary to dimension and select the optimum type: eg.: correct dimension, type, placement etc. necessary to avoid pressure peaks and slamming or gulping operation, partially open valve, minimum pressure loss and soft opening and closing.

The correct solution in you case might be a metal to metal seated disc check valve, for instant of type gestra disco: or similar types of same brand or other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back