Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retaining Different Level Terraces

Status
Not open for further replies.

MohamedKhalil

Geotechnical
May 28, 2013
EG
Hi All,

I am currently working on a project In which we want to retain a different levels of terraces system,We plan to do so by a system of gravity walls (each wall is at a level higher than the next one).Would you Please provide me with any source\advice about how to make an accurate design of this system?

Thank you,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you had experience in global stability analyses? If not, then that is a first step before doing the individual wall designs. Other than giving reference texts for how to do those analyses, I don't think this forum is set up for short design courses, etc. Given more details, it may be possible to provide points to consider in your design process. Can you post a photo or a cross section drawing?

In addition to providing a sketch, what is your backgorund in earth retention analysis? For example, are you comfortable with the various earth pressure theories, surcharge calculations, etc? Have you done 3 retaining structures or 50+ projects? Can you model and solve a terraced geometry slope on a slope stability software? Once we know where you are, we can meet you there and provide you additional guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back