Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Retractable corrosion racks

Status
Not open for further replies.

a7992

Industrial
Dec 1, 2008
US
Does anyone know of companies that sell retractable corrosion racks that you can put multiple u-bend coupons on (we'd like to test a few different materials)? I've been searching on the internet and have only found racks for flat specimens and they can't handle multiple samples.

Please help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

the largest retractable coupon holder I've seen is 2" and it was for a relative benign stream at 150 psig @ 250F with very low flow. This was a special and it's cost greatly exceeded it's benefit.
Normally we would do a laboratory bench scale screening and then move to a line holder for the final test and maybe a retractable to continue the test on any promising material. . An in line holder has to be well though out in respect to it's environment. have you explored all other avenues like putting in a loop where a sample holder would be accessible without process interruption.

There are people who can put about anything in a pipeline, but I would cringe at the cost.

i know you have looked at these folks, but I would give them a call for an up close and personal.

Can you comeback with what you are attempting to accomplish and you will probably get some better and more to the point advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back