Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Reverse engineering of Subaru gearbox/trans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Brian I don't think of my question is quite odd if you take a look it is in response to a previous thread regarding the Driveline of a Subaru Impreza 3D print.
Yes of course I'm pretty sure some Engineers who actually developed that Driveline have designed it... However if you had read the previous thread you would understand that I am speaking in regards to someone actually tearing apart the transmission of an all-wheel drive Subaru to make a 3D print working model of it.
So to clarify I was wondering if anyone had torn down a Subaru Driveline took the measurements designed it out in AutoCAD or SolidWorks and created the 3D printed model of it

OK, the term you should be using in place of "designed", is actually "reverse engineered". Your original post would have been clearer had it said "Has anyone been able to obtain 3D models of ..."

In the future, when creating a thread, you would be well served to write your posts assuming that no one has read some other thread that contain information required to understand your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back