Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Revision Block Macro Won't Work in Ford Teamcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jashe

Automotive
Jun 19, 2013
US
I am trying to update a print in Ford Teamcenter and when I use the macro for the revision block it only brings up the block fields the names are supposed to be in. None of the information I enter in comes up. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It was just a joke, sorry :). The way you put this question, giving us no details, no example of source code, just a mention of Ford Teamcenter as if everybody have it installed already and worked with it on daily basis, gave me no other choice. You have be more specific if you expect an answer.

Tesak
- Text along a curve for Catia V5

I am new to this so I am going through the learning curve. They have a macro they want you to use for filling out the Title Block and Revision Block as opposed to just creating a text. The tool is called "Frame and Title Block" and it only shows up in Sheet Background. When you say "source code" do you mean "standard version"? If so then it is "29".

What kind of macro we are talking about? Is it CATIA macro? Then would be nice to see a sample. Or do they use an external tool (an .exe file perhaps)? I suppose that most of the people here, have zero experience of Ford Teamcenter (unless you are colleagues), so try to be more explicit.

Tesak
- Text along a curve for Catia V5

Ok, well thanks anyway. As of now I'm going to switch ownership to the designer at Ford and hopefully he'll have better luck.

Jashe, we have run into that problem in the past with the ford titleblock macro. we never really did figure out what caused it and i don't think any of us have had the issue since the last big ford update to catia r26. one thing we did do as a work around was to have another user here update the drawing titleblock for the person that was having the issue with the macro (usually could find someone in the building that it would work for). another thing is if the current titleblock wasn't created using the ford macro then it won't work, take a screen capture of the titleblock, delete it all, and use the ford macro to recreate the titleblock. this may or may not be a cause of the issue is possibly having more than one session of catia open and that confusing the macro, not sure on that but it seems i had a problem with that for something and my twisted brain is telling me it was for this issue.
hope this helps. good luck

Vern
Catia
Automotive Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back