Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REVIT to ETABS Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

ship4885

Structural
May 19, 2009
US
Has any exported their REVIT model to ETABS? I have been trying by route of REVIT to DXF to ETABS, but when I import the DXF to ETABS either nothing shows up, or only 4 corner columns and a diaphragm appear. Is there a special software needED to make the link? Also, is it possible to create a link where information can be updated in the REVIT model based on changes made in the ETABS model? Any and all help is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you haven't done so already, Computer & Structures (CSI) makes an add-on package to integrate ETABS with REVIT. The exhange then becomes very simple. Try googling, CSIxRevit2009.

Definitely get the revit to etabs link that USCeng09 mentioned. It requires you to be using ETABS 9.5 and Revit Structure 2009. But otherwise it is free.

It works great. Brings all your structure to etabs, all the levels, etc... Even brings any loads and load combinations that you might have defined in revit.

Just watch the integrity of your analytical model in revit. any breaks in the analytical model will be breaks in etabs. THis is very important. so you have to decide where do you want to verify your model, in revit or in etabs.

Also, any level you have defined in revit will be a story in etabs. so be careful with defining levels for things like top of steel and top of floor, or foundation level, or column splice level, etc... you would need to make sure that your etabs model is defined to accurately reflect the correct unbraced lengths and/or support conditions if the levels are odd.

I have used it successfully on a couple projects so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back