Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Revolute + Translational joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Guessing that you have attached body 1 to body 2 twice at the same point. The revolute joint prevents any translation, so the sliding joint is redundant. You should have got a screenful of error messages about redundant constraints. The proper solution is to model your system better, introduce a third body, between the two joints.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

So as you said, tried adding a third block but the problem still persists, it says that I still have redudant constraint. I've tried a lot of things but to no avail and starting to think that it just ain't possible to do that in adams, but that wouldn't make sense. I'm sure that the real system that i'm trying to emulate is indeed like this, it revolves and moves around the same point.

EDIT: SO i've used a bushing and made it hyper stiff in the directions that I don't want it to move and it worked. don't know if its the best solution but its working as intended.

This works as expected. Ignore the green box

et_adams_wgxgwm.png

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back