Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RF Fire alarm reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shavner

Electrical
Oct 1, 2002
US
I'm working on a design for a base wide RF reporting system for fire alarm. They have existing an old Monaco, Mcollough loop system and a king fisher RF system. I'm trying to find a reliable system to use that can replace the Monaco system and incorperate the king fisher system and be eventually incorperated into a complete addressable system back to the central reporting room and displayed to a control computer with actual trouble and alarm ID's without the use of code cards. I've just started the research so any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would say that it mainly depends upon what equipment you have at the existing central station. I would recommend calling the manufacture of the receiving station panel at the central station and get a list of which transmitters are LISTED with their equipment.

I seem to remember that that the 'digitize' brand ( ) is generally compatible with the existing king fisher boxes.

If on the other hand you are replacing the entire central receiving station, I have heard good things lately about the Radionics brand ( ). I believe that they can transmit a complete copy of the fire alarm panel display (addressable) back to the central station.

Let us know what you decide out of curiosity.

Well the existing systems in about 103 buildings on site vary from new panels and KF trancievers to 40 yr old monaco, Mcollough loop. The scope of this job is to bring the existing non-RF reporting buildings on line and look compeditivly at possible systems for replacing the dispatch center equipment or incorperating it. I'll check out these manufacturers as well thanks for the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back