Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RFQ for 150 Ton Hydraulic Cylinder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPowerAutomation

Mechanical
Feb 18, 2016
CA
Hello all, I dont know if I am suppose to post this here, but I am building a large press for a customer. I am looking for a 150 Ton, 10,000 PSI, double acting hydraulic cylinder from a US or Canadian MFG. The stroke is 25", barrel will be threaded at the Rod End to thread into a mounting plate. Duty cycle will be 20 strokes per day average, maintaining press force on a work piece. I will require stamped engineered drawings of the completed cylinder.

I had Enerpac quote a 32" stroke 150 Ton cylinder and the price was ridiculously high, so I am looking for a better value. For reference I was quoted the RR-15032 from Enerpac, stp. and igs. drawings can be downloaded from Enerpac.

If your company can build this cylinder, or you know of a good company that can, let me know.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The material requirements to hold such pressure will drive the cost up and Enerpac always charge a fortune for anything that is not standard.

Enerpac do have competitors out there - Durapac. . . .

HPost. Where did you get the 635 mm diameter figure? RR15032 would be a 150 ton 32" stroke cylinder probably 160 mm bore. 10,000 psi is pretty standard for cylinders these days.

je suis charlie

" 10,000 psi is pretty standard for cylinders these days"
Standard in what industry? I don't think I ever seen 690 bar on either pumps, valves or cylinders from any large hydraulic supplier such as Parker, Rexroth, Eaton etc.
Enerpac use that high pressure yes, but they are making compact jacks, my experience is that they are often used in cramped spaces.

Unless you already have a 690 bar pressure source I agree with HPost. If you take the pressure down to the 3000-5000psi range and go up in size you will get a dozen more cylinder suppliers to choose from.

I made the fatal error of not reading the post correctly and I thought the 25" was referring to the bore.

Anyway, I edited it. My bad...sorry!!!

At 69kPa, any cylinder will be costly. As stated, such high pressures are seen where space is problem, but it does cost money to make it work.

Standard pressures for all normal high load cylinders from Enerpac/PowerTeam, etc. is 10,000 psi. If you drop the pressure to 5K, you will need 2X the cylinder ID to produce 150 Tons, thereby greatly increasing the OD of the cylinder and piston. You might want to reconsider a cheap version as these long stroke high load cylinders have a tendency to not maintain piston alignment very well during max stroke/max load exercises, and thereby result in cylinder wall galling/damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back