Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rib/Slot command: Sequence of profile and center curve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaani

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2013
JP
I don't know if my method is correct or not but for ribs/slots, I create firstly center curve and secondly profile based on the center curve (profile is associated to center curve).
My problem is the order that these 2 elements are aggregated under the command. As you can see in the picture the order is: 1. profile, 2. center curve. In this order, I can't edit the profile (can't see the center curve)
C1_wd5xxv.png

c2_jg76ff.png

Can I change the order of aggregation? Or do you have any advice to change this method?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

do you work with HybridDesign option ON ?

2018-04-09_21-52-04_p7s9sh.png

I have the option off and even if I play with usual suspect options I see both curve when I edit any of then...

But with the option ON when I edit one sketch I do not see the other one.

Well I tested for 2 minutes so plz don't over-react if I did no test enough and if the solution is somewhere else...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Thanks for your care and spening your time on my issue.
I work in hybrid design. And seeking a solution to change the order of aggregated elements.

Try this:
1. stay in Hybrid Design
2. add a Geometric Set to you model
3. move the Center Curve sketch into the Geometric Set
4. move the Profile sketch into the Geometric Set

Thanks Jackk. But it would be really nice to see a way to reorder elements and not to use Geometrical Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back