Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rigid Retaining Barrier Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlandoramirez

Civil/Environmental
Sep 26, 2014
I am working on a project that has a split barrier in the median. The difference in elevation is about 3 ft. The barrier I am planning tu use is a rigid retaining barrier 2' -8" with footing. The contractor wants to reduce cost but his suggestion is to use Half Wall Barriers without footing. I would like to get some calculations of how this is possible. Thanks for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Orlandoramirez.... welcome to the site.

Please understand that the site is not a free engineering site. The purpose of the site is to allow engineers to confer with other engineers for ideas, direction or methodology concurrence.

You have not provided adequate information for anyone to determine how to best help you by pointing you in a particular direction, but be assured that no one on this site will give you a design.

Orlando.....:

If I understand your question, it would seem to me that you should be contacting the State DOT for any standards on barriers. A number of DOT's have standards, such as the New Jersey style. That should help you size it I think.

Have a look at Half Jersey barriers which has a half a footing of a full Jersey barriers and that would allow the half barriers to be anchored to roadway pavements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back