Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

rim manufactures

Status
Not open for further replies.

jus1975

Automotive
Nov 22, 2007
US
Who are the rim manufactures in the US? I understand that there are companies that manufacture rims and can assembly your wheel with there rims.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think we need a better definition of what you are looking for.

The term "Rim" is used to mean the hoop that mates up with the tire. Sometimes this also term includes the "Spider" - the part that connects the rim with the hub.

The term "wheel" is used to describe the rim and spider as a unit - which is the way most "rims" are made.

Also, rim / wheel manufacturers will vary according to the type of vehicle it goes on. Mining equipment is a specialized field and generally car rim / wheel manufacturers don't do them.

So I think we need a better definition of what you are looking for. It sounds like you are looking for someone to do some one-off specialty work - and that may take some digging to find them.

Sounds like 2 or 3 piece steel rims.

I would do a Google search for steel wheel replicas or vintage wheel replicas or wheel replica manufacturers. Feel free to add wildcards to cut down on the search results (like US, for instance).

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but Kodiak Racing Wheels sells wheel shells/rims/barrels/whatever you want to call them.

I know a couple people who have used them to resize 3 piece wheels for different cars and I have used their complete wheels on a FSAE car while I was in school.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back