Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ripple voltage in wet battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

manv

Electrical
Oct 2, 2003
IN
sir itis noted while checking 4 a ripple content across a wet bat using digital multimeter ripple voltage (Vac) was found 2 be higher than bat voltage reason may be explained . when the polarity is inter changed in the multi the reading is zero

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sir in a wet battery when we measure ripple voltVac is higher than actual D.C voltage it is noted in dry battery alsoie 1.5 v battery measure 2.1 v in A.C further if we inerchange polarity in the multi meter A.C volt is zero reason may be expalained

Getting out my tweezers...

manv; Please explain:
"interchange polarity in multimeter A.C"

There is no polarity in an AC reading so what does this mean?[hairpull2]

I think your meter is reading incorrectly. It is possible your AC meter is also displaying the DC voltage of the battery. That would explain why it changes when you reverse its polarity.

Have you tried a different meter?

sir A.C has no polarity okay but i mean that when we interchange multimeter terminal in the dry battery terminals then the reading is zero i have also tested the same with other meter also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back