RISA 3D Reports - Partial Spreadsheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parosh

Structural
Oct 23, 2019
CA
Hey all,

I recently updated to a newer version of RISA 3D and I am running into a new problem when printing reports - When I include spreadsheets, some of the column widths are too small to present all the information. For example, in the load combinations spreadsheet, I can only see the first few characters in the name given due to the column width cutting out the rest. There is also 8-10 columns that are blank that I would like to discard for presentation. Is there any way to get around this? I have tried opening the spreadsheet from the spreadsheets toolbar and modifying the width but it doesn't change the report format.

Has anyone had similar issues?

I have attached a picture for reference.

Thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=57901e58-07c8-41ca-8527-82ddda43d16d&file=RISA.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I cannot speak definitively about the current version as I don't use it. But, this was an issue that occurred sometimes with previous versions. My comments:
1) Unfortunately, you cannot tell the program to eliminate those blank columns from the print out.
2) Printing the load combinations spreadsheet in Landscape mode MIGHT help.
3) I believe RISA looks at the widths of the columns in your model view to determine how wide to make them in the print out. Therefore, if you make the columns you want to see more of very wide and the columns you don't want to see at all very narrow then that should really help.

I think I'm going to have to just deal with it in landscape mode... I tried fixing column widths but it didn't have any effect on the report printout. Thanks for your help!

My apologies....

Like I said, I don't have access to the latest version. There's been so much turn over in staff that it's likely that no one involved in the new version really understood why the previous print functions worked the way they did. That's just one of the drawbacks which come from the kind of staff turn over you see at RISA these days.

Anyway, in order to get this fixed, you will likely have to complain to them about how something that worked correctly in the previous version is now broken.

I sent support an email and they got back to me very quickly. This was their response: "This is an item that our developers are actually currently working on resolving so that the modified column widths in the spreadsheet will be captured in the printed report. I apologize for the low visibility in the spreadsheet at the moment!"

What version are you using? It seems that increasing the width of the columns with information worked for me, but only after I decreased the width of the blank columns down to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back