Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RISA 3D User-Interface Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones1292

Structural
Mar 16, 2021
US
I am currently using Version 17 of RISA 3D. In the past when I downloaded Version 18, the new versions interface was much slower then version 17. For version 17 the program moved as quick as I could click, but version 18 seemed to take a second to think when ever I clicked. (Which was very frustrating, compared to using version 17) I believe they are at version 19 now. Is anyone using version 19 and is version's 19 user interface as quick as 17? Or is version 17 user interface still faster?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Version 20 was actually just released a few days ago. The interface is much faster now. That said I am still using version 17 as well. Someone also brought up the point the programmers are in Ukraine so any bugs/updates that need to be addressed may be delayed at this point.

Regarding the Ukraine thing.... I believe the programmers in the Ukraine are mostly related to interface, graphics, connections, and integration with Revit, analysis engine / solvers and such.

Design code programming (other than connections) is largely still done in the Southern California office. Same thing with license protection stuff. At least that's the way it was when I was with RISA. Though it is certainly possible that more development work has shifted to the Ukraine. That was likely part of the long term plan.

Long term, I wouldn't be surprised if they started off-shoring tech support too and left only management and Sales / Marketing in the US. But, that's the cynic in me.

v19 (now v20) are far better/smoother/less infuriating than the original v18 rollout(first release of the updated interface). I used the old interface for years and have used the new interface now for a couple years. I much prefer the new interface. I guess itt'l just take some getting used to but there's no real learning curve. Navigation is much easier. Specifically now that you can orbit like any other 3d program, as opposed to the v17 and prior orbit which is constrained to a single axis at a time (which is maddening).

I'm looking forward to updated interfaces for risafloor and foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back