Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RISA and Ukraine war

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshPlumSE

Structural
Aug 15, 2008
US
Has RISA posted anything about how the war in the Ukraine is going to affect their customers or such? I'm just curious.

FWIW, I used to work for RISA (until November 2017) and I know that a large amount of their programming was being done by the Ukrainian office. Especially for any program that uses the "newer" interface (i.e. RISA-3D their flagship product). In additiono, my belief is that virtually ALL the programming for some other products (RISAConnection, RISASection, RISACalc, RISA-Revit Link...) was being done in the Ukraine.

It must be a scary time for those employees.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I asked this question today to a RISA rep at the NASCC conference. He said they have evacuated mostly everyone and also said it was alarming that their internal emails start with something along the lines of “we’re still alive, he are the current technical progressions.” Sounds bad to me, from an outsider’s perspective.

I got to know (mostly through e-mail) a number of the people on the Ukraine team. They all seemed like good people. Hard working and smart. I need to remember to include them in my prayers these days.... not much more that I can do. [sad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back