Not open for further replies.

sumbumb12

Civil/Environmental
Aug 6, 2013
US
Hi Guys,

I'm certainly no pro at RISA, but I got the following error:

"Wood Code Check Not Calculated"

Google knows nothing about this error, so I'm putting this note here.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You obviously did not specify a wood code check of your wood members when you were printing out your report, so it noted just that.

Mike McCann
MMC Engineering

Not sure, but i think that is the error if the member has too great of an unbraced length, shows up as NC or not calculated... I may be thinking of something else since i don't have RISA in front of me. Try making your Le1 & Le2 = 0 and see if it still doesn't work, then put in your true braces.

That type of message can happen for a number of reasons. Usually, if you look at the Wood tab of the design results spreadsheet, or the member's detail report you will get a more detailed message.

Possibilities that jump to mind:
[ul]
[li]Le/d > 50. This means that it violates a max code slenderness provision. So, RISA can't put a numerical value on the failure.[/li]
[li]RB>?? (can't remember limit right now). I'm going off of memory here, so I cannot recall the exact NDS requirement. But, the same sort of failure as Le/d, but this one is for beam slenderness ratios.[/li]
[li]Fc>Fe. This would occur when the compressive stress exceeds the Euler buckling stress. Code check goes to infinity as the compressive stress approached Fe.[/li]
[li]This type of member isn't supported for the NDS code you have specified. Especially likely if you are using an older NDS code with GluLam or engineered lumber.[/li]
[/ul]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back