Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RKU equations for damped plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

damped

Mechanical
May 19, 2007
US

Hello everyone,

I am doing analysis on a plate with unconstrained layer damping treatment. I have the experimental data, frequency of the damped plate and also the loss factor of the damped plate. Using the above data I am trying to find the youngs modulus and loss factor of the damping material.

I have found in some of the papers in which RKU equations are defined for a two layered damped beam system. I have seen the same equations(for composite modulus and loss factor) being used for the damped two layered plate. Is it that these equations are defined for a two or three layered systems and it doesn,t matter whether it is a damped beam or a damped plate other than that the frequency equation for the plate involves the poissons ratio and it doesn,t for the beam.

Whatever way it is could anyone just give me the equations for damped plate given by RKU analysis for determining the youngs modulus and loss factor for the damping material.

thank you,
sri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back